Brittany et son neveu sont excités parce que c’est l’été pour eux, mais n’oubliez pas que ce n’est pas l’été pour tout le monde.
Le podcast anglais VivaLing a des auditeurs dans le monde entier.
Nous savons que si vous l’écoutez en Namibie, en Argentine, au Chili ou en Nouvelle-Zélande, ce n’est pas l’été pour vous. C’est l’hiver, mais nous ne vous avons pas oublié. N’oubliez pas. Vous pouvez soit l’écouter maintenant et attendre avec impatience l’été, soit attendre décembre et l’écouter à nouveau quand ce sera l’été pour vous et l’hiver pour nos auditeurs du nord.
C’est l’été, l’été, l’été, l’été.
Est-ce que vous dansez parce que moi je danse. Je ne sais pas pour vous, mais l’été est ma saison préférée. Pour mon neveu, ce sont ses vacances préférées parce qu’il n’y a pas d’école. Cet été, nous partons en vacances. Beaucoup de gens voyagent vers de nouveaux endroits pendant leurs vacances d’été. Certains passent du temps à la plage, font du sport, jardinent et font même des grillades à l’extérieur.
Quoi que vous fassiez ou où que vous alliez cet été, vous pouvez avoir du temps pour vous détendre et vous amuser.
À la fin du podcast, vous devrez répondre à la question suivante : Où l’été est-il la saison la plus appréciée, en Amérique ou en Europe ?
Aujourd’hui, nous allons entendre trois conversations basées sur différentes activités que nous faisons pendant nos vacances d’été. Tout d’abord, nous irons à la plage, puis nous ferons du shopping et enfin nous mangerons de bons plats.
Conversation Number 1 Topic: Day at the Beach
◦ Speaker 1: I heard that you are a really great swimmer.
◦ Speaker 2: Yes, I am. I really love to swim.
◦ Speaker 1: Do you want to go the beach this weekend?
◦ Speaker 2: I would love to!
◦ Speaker 1: Do you have a favourite beach?
◦ Speaker 2: No, as long as the water is crystal clear. I want to go snorkelling and see all the corals under the water.
◦ Speaker 1: That sounds like so much fun. While you’re in the water, I will be building my grand sandcastle. What are some other actives that you like to do at the beach?
◦ Speaker 2: Surf, swim and play kites. Oh, and kayaking. I remember when my uncle took me kayaking. It was so cool! I was very tired afterwards, but it was an experience I will never forget.
◦ Speaker 1: Well, we can’t forget to pack our towel, umbrella, cold water and sunscreen.
◦ Speaker 2: I am going to get started packing today.
◦ Speaker 1: But its only Monday. We are going on Saturday.
◦ Speaker 2: I know, but I want to get a head start.
◦ Speaker 1: (Laughs) Ok.
Question 1: What were 4 items that we are packing for our beach day?
If you said towel, umbrella, cold water and sunscreen, you are correct.
Question 2: Our favourite beach is CoCo Beach. Is that true or false?
False because we did not say what our favourite beach was.
Question 3: What day are we going to the beach: Monday, Saturday or Wednesday?
If you said Saturday, you are correct.
Conversation Number 2 Topic: Shopping
◦ Speaker 1: I am having so much fun on my vacation.
◦ Speaker 2: Can we go shopping before we leave?
◦ Speaker 1: Sure! Where do you want to go?
◦ Speaker 2: To a souvenir shop. I want to get a souvenir for my grandma.
◦ Speaker 1: What type of souvenir do you want to get her?
◦ Speaker 2: Definitely a postcard and maybe a refrigerator magnet.
◦ Speaker 1: Yes, she has lots of those. I am not sure where she would fit them all.
◦ Speaker 2: She has some room on the side of her refrigerator for a few more.
◦ Speaker 1:What about your friends at school? Do you want to buy them something?
◦ Speaker 2: Maybe I’ll buy something for Mark. He loves collecting key chains, and for Emma I’ll get some seashells.
◦ Speaker 1: Do you plan on getting yourself a gift?
◦ Speaker 2: I love buying T-shirts to remind me of the amazing trip I had. Are you going to buy something?
◦ Speaker 1: I think I’m going to buy myself a hat. Do you have enough money to pay for all your souvenirs?
◦ Speaker 2: Yes, I made sure of that. I saved enough money for my holiday vacation.
◦ Speaker 1: Let’s make a list before we leave of exactly who we’re buying gifts for so that we don’t forget anyone.
◦ Speaker 2: That’s a great idea.
Question 1: What souvenir is Speaker 2 buying for grandma?
If you said postcard and refrigerator magnet, you are correct.
Question 2: What is Speaker 2 buying for himself?
That`s right – a T-shirt.
Question 3: What is Speaker 1 buying for herself?
You got it – a hat.
Conversation Number 3 Topic: Food and Ice cream
◦ Speaker 1: Hey, Aunt Brittany, can I have some friends over Friday?
◦ Speaker 2: Sure. What would you like to eat?
◦ Speaker 1: Can we grill outside?
◦ Speaker 2: That’s a good idea. Do you know what foods you would like to grill?
◦ Speaker 1: The typical hamburgers and hotdogs.
◦ Speaker 2: Yum! You’re making me hungry. Can you remember the last time we grilled?
◦ Speaker 1: It was last summer at grandma’s house.
◦ Speaker 2: Oh, yes. We had lots of fun.
◦ Speaker 1: Remember how we made ice cream there?
◦ Speaker 2: That’s a great idea. Do you think your friends will like to do that?
◦ Speaker 1: They would love that.
◦ Speaker 2: Ok. Let’s think of some flavours.
◦ Speaker 1: Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry are a must.
◦ Speaker 2: Absolutely!
◦ Speaker 1: Maybe Rocky Road, Cookies N’ Cream, Mint Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.
◦ Speaker 2: Oh, I’m getting excited. This is going to be so much fun. Start inviting everyone, and I will go shopping tomorrow.
◦ Speaker 1: Thanks, Auntie.
Question 1: What foods are we going to grill?
A. hamburgers and hotdogs
B. ice cream
or C. corn and vegetables
If you said A, hamburgers and hotdogs, you are correct.
Question 2: What were the first 3 ice cream flavours that you heard?
vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry
Question 3: Tell me, what is your favourite ice cream flavour?
Do you remember the trivia question from the beginning of the podcast?
Where is summer the most favoured season, in America or in Europe?
Summer is the favourite season for most Europeans.
Autumn is the favourite season for most Americans.
I hope you enjoy every summer that you can because it seems like summer passes us by so quickly. Wherever you go or whatever you do, always remember to live for the sunshine, swim in the sea because friends, sun, sand and sea sound like summer to me. Give me a million summers, and I could never get tired of them. Whatever you do, remember to make lots of memories by taking lots of pictures. Bye-bye! Until next time.